EXPLODE

I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but there has been a certain theme that pop songs have taken.


EXPLOSIVES.

Yes, as in kaboom explosives. Really, are artists running out of ideas right now? Once one of them starts a song with a certain theme it's like they think that they're supposed to follow.

Firework - Katy Perry
Well, fireworks aren't exactly bombs, but they fit into the category pretty well, anyway. Miss Perry's number definitely gets a gold star for being inspirational and for actually being something other than partying. The song, being dedicated to the gays of the community, makes use of metaphors that basically spell out that there's a spark in everyone that makes them unique and useful.


Dynamite - Taio Cruz
They can't really be avoided, can they, songs about partying. See, at least Katy's work was meant for something good, not just some other party song about getting drunk and dancing. Sigh. Anyways, Taio's Dynamite, apparently referring to a club that he plants to um...'light up', is really another song worthy of a club. Yeah, I don't get what it means either. Seriously, though. What is the substance of singing and filming a song that talks about and shows the singer partying with a bunch of slu-scantily clad girls grinding their behinds and using you as a stripper pole?


Grenade - Bruno Mars
As long as the party songs live on, apparently the sappy love ones won't stop either. Bruno Mars' latest single, Grenade, basically talks about how he gave everything to a girl but she never really gave back. It's really cheesy, what with lines like "I would go through all this pain for ya, take a bullet straight through my brain". As much as I hate songs and videos like this in general, it was still pretty funny to watch Bruno Mars stupidly drag that piano around town.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
The chaos isn't there for nothing! I'm Erika, the girl behind all the...disaster. You can definitely expect me to turn an ordinary, boring, same old situation into one big hell of a hot mess. Opinionated, a war freak and can totally pwn you in Dance Dance Revolution, I'm also pretty competitive so I always do my best in everything that I do. Keep reading my blog to see my view of things and how I dish out the awful truth on any topic.

Followers