Attack of the Banats

Pustiso ka ba, kasi I can't smile without you.
Camera ka ba, kasi twing tumitingin ako sayo, napapangiti ako
Di tayo tao, di tayo hayop. Bagay tayo, bagay talaga.

Any of those sound dreadfully familiar? 

These ridiculously corny comments are known today as banats, cheesey romantic words used by Filipinos to declare their love for a person...or to annoy that person to death.

Well, that's what Jeffrey did anyway.

During the Regional Schools Press Conference, the usual parade took place supremely early in the morning. While we marched at a funeral dirge's pace and talked about random stuff, Jeffrey, our contestant for sports writing, remained silent, which was surprising as he's one of the noisiest people. Pretty, soon, however, he started talking again...with banats.

Only his were waaaay more cornier than the common ones.

1. Kape ka ba, kasi ikaw ang nang-gigising sa akin.
2. Ref ka ba, kasi tuwing binubuksan kita...yeah, I'd rather not continue
3. Piso ka ba, kasi ikaw ang bubuo sa milyon ko

Trust me there is a lot more like that, but I honestly can't remember anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
The chaos isn't there for nothing! I'm Erika, the girl behind all the...disaster. You can definitely expect me to turn an ordinary, boring, same old situation into one big hell of a hot mess. Opinionated, a war freak and can totally pwn you in Dance Dance Revolution, I'm also pretty competitive so I always do my best in everything that I do. Keep reading my blog to see my view of things and how I dish out the awful truth on any topic.

Followers