When Sequels Shouldn't Exist

If you were to think like some money-hungry producer of a mega-hit game or movie, of course you'd want to make a sequel to it to bring in even more dough. While some games really do need sequels, like the Sims 1, and other movies just need something to conclude the story already, like Toy Story, most really do not, repeat, NOT need it.

Seriously, sequels right now just ruin the story and make it, as we say in Tagalog, "nakakasawa." Disagree? Well, you must like repetitive, slightly "improved" second/third movies/games then.

The Sims 3
Sequel to the Sims 2

I have to admit that being a Sims addict myself (my YouTube username isn't ultimatesimmer987 for nothing), I was pretty psyched for the Sims 3 when EA first released some trailers and news feeds. When it came out sometime in 2009, my cousin got herself a copy and I quickly made tracks to borrow it. I played it on her computer, and not to be rude or anything, but it sucked. 

The whole time I was thinking "Why did they make this again?" I mean really, the Sims 2 was way better. Sure, you can move around the neighborhood now and you have more ways to customize a Sim, but still, they looked weird there and the graphics was weird. For sure, I'd take the Sims 2 over the Sims 3 any day.


Sex and the City 2
 Sequel to (obviously) Sex and the City

Everybody loves a good reunion movie.

So when producers of Sex and the City the movie released that they planned to put Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha on the big screen, SATC fans went bananas. The idea was great, though, to bring back a series that ended long ago back to life.

However, don't you think they're overstretching  the public's craving by putting in a sequel? I mean, sure yeah, it's nice to see what the girls are up to after all these years but by making a sequel, it becomes too...much. You  know, "nakakasawa."

Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2
Sequel to Beverly Hills Chihuahua


Okay, so maybe I'm not really the talking-animal type of movie person to begin with, but really. What is the point of making another Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2?

I mean, sure the first one was...um...well I didn't see the point of the first one either, actually. Let's take a look at the plot. A fancy dog gets lost in Mexico then falls in love with another dog who helps her find her way back to her master. In the second movie, they have kids and then get lost again.

...Yeah, I don't really get it either.


1 comments:

littleblackdress said...

Urgh. I've always been a fan of Sex and the City but I definitely have to agree. They're fab, we get it, but they're also getting pretty old. And as much as I love her style, I can't say much about SJP herself.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
The chaos isn't there for nothing! I'm Erika, the girl behind all the...disaster. You can definitely expect me to turn an ordinary, boring, same old situation into one big hell of a hot mess. Opinionated, a war freak and can totally pwn you in Dance Dance Revolution, I'm also pretty competitive so I always do my best in everything that I do. Keep reading my blog to see my view of things and how I dish out the awful truth on any topic.

Followers