I Like My Parodies in the Key of Awesome

According to the trusty Google definition function, a parody is a creative mock of something seriously created. For short, a spoof.

I've never really liked videos like that because I see them as rip offs and cheap knock offs of the real thing. Sure enough, my opinion has been correct (or at least, I see it as correct) in every parody in YouTube I've seen. I was certain that I would never appreciate dull work like that.

Until I stumbled upon the Key of Awesome.

A production by barelypolitical, the Key of Awesome is a music show filled with musical parodies and some original works of the author. At fist, I thought it was just another one of those ridiculous imitations of Lady GaGa, Ke$ha, and Adam Lambert music videos, but after watching their version of Telephone, I got sucked right into their comedy genius.

Not only do their actors look uncannily like the real stars, but their props and video editing are also very professional so you can see that they really put a lot of effort into their work. Also, their lyrics are hilarious and strangely true

Take a look at some of their awesome renditions.

Eminem feat. Rihanna - Love the Way You Lie




Ke$ha - Tik Tok



Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me



Lady GaGa feat. Beyonce - Telephone



Eminem - I'm Not Afraid





Katy Perry - California Gurls




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
The chaos isn't there for nothing! I'm Erika, the girl behind all the...disaster. You can definitely expect me to turn an ordinary, boring, same old situation into one big hell of a hot mess. Opinionated, a war freak and can totally pwn you in Dance Dance Revolution, I'm also pretty competitive so I always do my best in everything that I do. Keep reading my blog to see my view of things and how I dish out the awful truth on any topic.

Followers