Sure, My Life's a Disaster, But That's What Makes it Awesome

An awesome disaster.


How ironic, huh? I mean, how can a mess be beautiful? It's those kind of stuff that you tend to stay away from, right? Who'd want a disaster, anyway? Probably some extreme sports-loving dare devil who loves the action and challenge a disaster can bring.


I may not be the extreme sports (or any sport) kind of a dare devil, but I definitely love the challenge and the action. My name is Erika, and my life is an awesome disaster.


Right now, I'm a fifteen year old girl obsessed with the Sims, Fatal Frame, Dance Dance Revolution and Dante's Inferno. I like pie, sushi, chocolate, any type of food, really and like any other student, homework isn't exactly my favorite thing in the world. Does that description sound like another frustrated teenager? Then wait. I'm getting to the disaster part.


For the entire time span that I've been stomping the Earth in my Converse, trouble follows me around no matter how hard I try to shake it off. Even when I'm not doing anything, it's there, waiting for me to hit the cause button that would activate its self destruct. 


Don't believe me? Let's take a short flashback to when I was eight. Back in elementary school, I was the class vice president. Okay, power-wise, that's not much of a position, but class officers got points back then so I gave it a go. It was my turn to keep the peace in my section, so I was in front, watching over my subjects like a benevolent dictator. 


Suddenly, some dude (I think his name's Justin) stands up and basically, causes a commotion, so in a very polite manner, told him sit down. He doesn't listen, so I exert a little more authority to my tone. Still, no dice. After multiple attempts of trying to get him to straighten out, I couldn't take it anymore. I pressed the shiny red cause button and boom! I ended up slapping him across the face. Of course, I got in trouble for it, in fact, almost reported to our GLA. It's a good thing my class adviser understood my motive and decided not to tell on me.


Fast forward a few more years to when I was twelve. One of my friends loved (and I do mean a crush bordering on obsession) the Jonas Brothers. Personally, I don't like them, so I'd usually rib them till my other friends would start laughing on the floor from all my witty puns about them. I didn't mean to offend her, but you know how sensitive people are. She didn't talk to me for a couple of months then her mom tapped me on the shoulder one day and demanded that I apologize to her daughter.


Trust me, those two experiences are the least problematic of all the situations I've been put through. From situations that make me want to tear my own hair out to mistakes that make me want to just shoot myself and end it all, you name it, I've tried it. Most of the time, I actually enjoy the challenges. In fact, I even look forward to them. I mean, what's life without a little chaos? Boring, that's what.


Despite the many crazy, random moments I've gone through, I love my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything or anyone else's. My life may be one hell of a disaster, but it's the disaster part that makes it awesome.


Creative Commons License
An Awesome Disaster by e.viray is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.anawesomedisaster.blogspot.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
The chaos isn't there for nothing! I'm Erika, the girl behind all the...disaster. You can definitely expect me to turn an ordinary, boring, same old situation into one big hell of a hot mess. Opinionated, a war freak and can totally pwn you in Dance Dance Revolution, I'm also pretty competitive so I always do my best in everything that I do. Keep reading my blog to see my view of things and how I dish out the awful truth on any topic.

Followers