We're Gonna Party Like It's Yo 100th Birthday

When people turn 70, we call them healthy. When they turn 80, we call them strong. When they hit 90, we call them lucky. But when they turn 100, we call them rare.

SLU is definitely rare with the big triple digits as it celebrates it centennial.

Okay, so maybe a school isn't exactly a person, but getting to 100 is a big deal. That means it has served for a century; a century of good education; a century of growing and nurturing friendships; a century of building a family.

I owe SLU a lot. Why? Well, for one thing, it has been my literal home away from home for years. I mean, let's face it. When you spend about ten hours everyday in a place, you tend to get attached. Also, it has been my stable educational ground; the rock which would basically be the very framework of my future. For sure, without SLU, I honestly wouldn't know what I would do with my life.

The old girl also deserves some commending. Sustaining more than ten thousand children for a hundred years couldn't have been easy. SLU definitely deserves some cred for offering quality education. The curriculum it has is also well rounded. From looking for the line of symmetry of a parabola to trying to serve a volleyball over the net, SLU offers it all.

So what can I give to show my geniuine appreciation for all those years of teaching me life's lessons? Loyalty. Like I said, I want to and I plan to continue my college education in SLU. I trust it enough to give me the same quality of education that it has been giving me for the past years. I'm pretty confident that with a diploma from SLU, the world will be my oyster.

My second gift would definitely be honor. Since I was in elementary school, I have already been competing in numerous interschool competitions that take me to places like Ifugao and Laguna. I always try and do my best in all these endeavors and in great feats, I bring home the bacon, giving glory and pride to not just LHS, but to SLU as well.

As the SLU centennial celebration draws near, here's hoping that this fine institution would continue to serve the community for another hundred years to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
The chaos isn't there for nothing! I'm Erika, the girl behind all the...disaster. You can definitely expect me to turn an ordinary, boring, same old situation into one big hell of a hot mess. Opinionated, a war freak and can totally pwn you in Dance Dance Revolution, I'm also pretty competitive so I always do my best in everything that I do. Keep reading my blog to see my view of things and how I dish out the awful truth on any topic.

Followers